In order to make it easier to moderate comments and to prevent spoofing of other users we’re introducing the requirement to register as a user on Biased BBC in order to post comments. This entails registering with a username, valid email address and password.
To register, follow the instructions below.
- Click the ‘Log In’ button on the site’s top menu.
- Click the ‘Register’ button on the page.
- Fill in the username of your choice. This will be the username that will be displayed for any comments you write. Feel free to choose the name you’ve already been using to post comments. Spaces & digits are allowed in the username.
- Fill in your email address. this needs to be a valid email address in order to confirm your registration.
- Fill in a password. It needs to be 6 characters or more.
- Enter the number you see in the photo in the ReCaptcha box. This is to prevent non-humans from registering. If the digits are unreadable then reload the picture with the button.
- Click the ‘Register’ button.
- Wait for your account to be approved. You should receive an email with the subject ‘[Biased BBC] Your account has been approved’. This contains a link to the site to login, or select the ‘Log In’ menu option on the site.
- Once you’ve successfully logged in, you can change any details (email address, password) from the ‘Your Profile’ menu option.