Tell me something new once again!!

 

H/T to Craig at Is the BBC biased? for linking to the BBC report.

 

The BBC’s Quentin Sommerville tells us in excited tones about…..

Raqqa’s dirty secret

The BBC has uncovered details of a secret deal that let hundreds of IS fighters and their families escape from Raqqa, under the gaze of the US and British-led coalition and Kurdish-led forces who control the city.

A convoy included some of IS’s most notorious members and – despite reassurances – dozens of foreign fighters. Some of those have spread out across Syria, even making it as far as Turkey.

The story is dated….

Publication date
13 November 2017

 

Now if you follow the news you might have thought that you have heard this before…that convoys of ISIS fighters have been allowed to leave Raqqa…..that’s because you have…way back in October….not quite so ‘secret’ then…and not exactly a BBC exclusive……

From the Guardian….October 14….

Last Isis fighters in Raqqa broker deal to leave Syrian city – local official

Islamic State fighters remaining in Raqqa, once the group’s de facto capital, have brokered a deal that would allow them to leave the city with a number of human shields, according to agencies in Syria.

Omar Alloush, a senior official of the Raqqa Civil Council, told Agence France-Presse a deal had been reached to allow fighters out of the city, which is on the verge of being captured by the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces.

The Times…

Final assault on Raqqa after SDF deal allows Isis rebel convoy to flee

Western-backed forces in Syria have launched the final assault to oust Islamic State from Raqqa after hundreds of militants fled the city, leaving only a few fighters behind.

The Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), a Kurdish-led coalition, and local Arab tribes struck a deal to allow a convoy of Syrian Isis fighters to leave the self-declared capital of the caliphate at the weekend.

The Telegraph….

Evacuation deal for Isil fighters in Syria’s Raqqa as city’s capture nears

A convoy will leave Syria’s Raqqa on Saturday under an evacuation deal agreed as a US-backed force battles to seize Isil’s last positions in the city.

The US-led coalition said the deal for the evacuation would exclude foreign Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isil) fighters, but left unclear whether Syrian jihadists would be able to quit their one-time stronghold.

Not sure what Quentin Sommerville has been smoking…must be some good shit though…he certainly writes it…..

 

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Email this to someone
Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Tell me something new once again!!

  1. Amounderness Lad says:

    And if the ISIS fighters has not been allowed to leave and US and British troops had engaged with them in Raqqa causing the deaths and maiming of heaven knows how many thousands of civilians guess which biased broadcasters would have been right in the middle of the front row demanding that British and US troops should be prosecuted for War Crimes?

    On second thoughts it may be that the failure for that happening is what is upsetting them most. From their past behaviour there is nothing they like better than being able to twist facts so then can vilify the British military in the vilest way possible whilst giving succour to terrorists carrying out barbarian acts whilst using women and children to hide behind as human shields whilst engaging in their activities.

    That is exactly the kind of biased reporting the bBBC has steadily perfected over the last three or four decades in order to try to get people to believe that terrorists and those who engage in attacking both us and our military are pure as the driven snow whilst the British squaddie, supported by the vile British public, are the murderous butchers of poor innocent women and children whilst the terrorists with guns and other weapons are simply trying to protect those innocents against the horrific onslaught of the barbarous butchers of the British Army. They really do hate it when those propaganda opportunities are snatched from off their news agenda.

       16 likes

  2. Pounce says:

    Actually the bBC did report this a month ago:

    However they reported 2 different versions

    US coalition refuses safe passage to Raqqa’s IS fighters

    Just goes to show that the bBC loves to promote fake news.

       11 likes

  3. Fedup2 says:

    I remember this story the first time round. The Americans and us used air strikes on bridges to stop the convoys. I took it that there was a lot going on away from the public. There would be nothing those pilots would like to do more than destroying that convoy and killing those monsters and – if necessary – their families. Personally I wish they had done so.
    But for al Beeb to recycle this event a month later and portray it as a failure isn’t bias, it’s a lie.

       8 likes

  4. Foscari says:

    The BBC can really help in this Raqqa racket. They can employ some of the IS freedom fighters
    when they come back to the UK. I am sure that they can fill a few positions on the Londonistan
    programme for a start. As reporters they could mingle in very nicely with the agitators at demonstrations
    to get their point of view. I expect that the BBC has already got quite a few of these souls working
    for them already. But a few more wont do any harm.

       1 likes

Leave a Reply