Don’t know if you have been listening to the series Stephanomics on BBC Radio 4. Presented by Stephanie “Two Eds” Flanders, this mornings gem focused on whether or not we really need economic growth. On the programme was the the biographer of John Maynard Keynes, Lord Skidelsky; the environmental economist, Cameron Hepburn; and the leading advocate of free-markets, Patrick Minford. Skidelsky sees long term growth as undesirable.(If you follow Keynesian ideology, you needn’t worry about growth!) Hepburn sees it as necessary but ONLY if it deals with
global warming climate change. So Minford found himself in a minority when he argued for free markets and economic growth. For the debate to be structured in this way struck me as very odd and yet very BBC. The mainstream view – that economic growth is both desirable AND essential – is marginalised and instead the listener is presented with crank left wing views which are presented as if they are the mainstream. I am also fed up with the way the BBC misrepresents free markets. The sort of crony capitalism that has caused so much woe is NOT the free market but rather the opposite of it but in its desire to bury capitalism, the BBC chooses to blindfully blur the difference. Perhaps the fact that the BBC operates in glorious seclusion from the free market which makes it so unbalanced?
Search Biased BBC
- Nos da i ti hefyd.
taffman on START THE WEEK OPEN THREAD...... - May 04, 1:01 am
- Cwarae teg - my old man was Fleet Air Arm when they were getting killed - slip of the keyboard....
Number 7 on START THE WEEK OPEN THREAD...... - May 04, 12:49 am
- You beat me to it taffman - Absolutely scathing comments from the Chief Rabbi!
Number 7 on Anti-Semitism in the age of Corbynism - May 04, 12:41 am
- How will Al Beeb report this in the morning ? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/03/chief-rabbi-labour-has-a-severe-problem-with-anti-semitism/
taffman on Anti-Semitism in the age of Corbynism - May 04, 12:35 am
- And in the R.N.
taffman on START THE WEEK OPEN THREAD...... - May 04, 12:28 am
- Flak? More like Chaff. In the words of the RAF.
Number 7 on START THE WEEK OPEN THREAD...... - May 04, 12:26 am
- Shwmae Rhif Saith. I can see that Beeboid Trolls have been out in force today . Their employer must be...
taffman on START THE WEEK OPEN THREAD...... - May 04, 12:22 am
- Plenty of other Jews are supportive of mass immigration - she's hardly alone in this! Why? Especially now that so...
Aerfen on Anti-Semitism in the age of Corbynism - May 04, 12:15 am
- Shwmae taffman. I think it's already a done deal. Lardell must be having a breakdown.
Number 7 on START THE WEEK OPEN THREAD...... - May 04, 12:15 am
- Nos da i ti hefyd.
Categoriesagw anti-American anti-conservative anti-Israel anti Israel. pro Palestinian Antisemitism BBC agenda BBC bias bbc bias and balance. bbc bias by omission BBC censorship BBC Question Time BBC selectivity bias Biased BBC climate change dhimmis general thread immigration Islam israel Mark Mardell obama obama bias Obamalove open thread pro-labour pro-palestinian pro EU pro Hamas pro Islam pro Labour bias pro Obama PRO OBAMA AT ALL COSTS. pro Obama BBC agenda question time question time live Richard Black save gordon. Uncategorized USA politics US economy US News US politics US presidential elections