And you thought the BBC didn’t have advertising breaks.

A reader called Dina writes:

Hi, I just wondered if anyone else watched the programme on BBC2 on Friday 17th March about called “The Family that Walks on All Fours”?

I watched this expecting it to be a scientific documentary about the curious anomaly of a rural Turkish family who have several mentally handicapped children who walk on all fours, like monkeys. The programme started well. About half way through, one of the scientists interviewed the Imam at the local village Mosque who was afraid that the programme might hint at Darwinian evolution in explaining the childrens symptoms. The programme went on sympathetically to explain that the idea of evolution is generally anathema in Turkey as an Islamic country, especially in rural areas and the Imam thought that to allow a Western programme to make the connection could invoke the wrath of an Al Qaeda attack on the village. The programme then went on to emphasise that hostility to the idea of evolution is not exclusive to Islamic countries and then, in classic BBC style, the programme switched to show an American Evangelical Church discussing the bible. At this point I changed the channel. I thought I was watching a genuine scientific documentary, but I should have known that the BBC needs to insert a political (especially anti-American) angle into such a programme. I try not to watch the BBC as much as possible as I cannot stomach the boring and predictable PC, anti-American drivel that is their stapel diet. Anyway, I just wondered if anyone had seen this and agrees with me?

Just be grateful they didn’t find some reason to show a clip of Gitmo.

Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to And you thought the BBC didn’t have advertising breaks.

1. LyndonB says:

I watched this dross or at least part of it before turning off in disgust. In the past the BBC made some good scientific programs (Horizon et al) but this was pure unadulterated crap. What we “witnessed” was not some missing link to the past, it was merely a family of inbred retards. This is what happens when you sleep with your brothers and sisters. The BBC I suppose reflects British society and in my view that’s going down the pan so it’s no surprise that the quality of the BBC’s output continues to sink to new lows.

0 likes